Join our team to keep organized soccer in our community!
With the warm weather here our thoughts turn to the upcoming soccer season.
However, the Kirkland Lake Soccer Executive keeps busy year round, planning the
next season, preparing for refereeing seminars, organizing equipment and managing finances.
When Covid-19 disrupted our 2020 season, we still maintained the fields and kept up with the
Ontario Soccer Association's business, so that when the time came we would be
prepared for the next season.
Covid-19 is still disrupting our lives but we move forward. We have quite a list of tasks to accomplish. We
are always looking for new coaches and referees. We also need people to fill the following
• Head Coach - a volunteer with some coaching experience is required to recruit and
oversee the coaches, assist them with planning, organize coaching clinics and
development and arrange for coach recognition at the end of the season.
• Adult League Director - responsible for planning, and organizing the adult division
• Equipment Manager - responsible for purchasing, distribution and management of the
equipment and team uniforms
• Field Maintenance - required to train, and supervise field maintenance crews
• Directors at Large - needed to provide input on variety of topics related to running the
A candidate interested in any of the above positions will be invited to meet several
times per year with the rest of the executive and contribute by fulfilling duties
related to the position. Help and training will be available if required.
Kirkland Lake Soccer also provides many paid positions:
• Game Leaders will be required to help guide the players in the youngest divisions. To
become a Game Leader, candidate has to complete a short online course. Game
Leaders need to be at least 12 years of age.
• Small-sided referees will be needed for the older youth divisions. A longer course is
required to qualify for this position, and a minimum age is 13 years old.
• Finally, for the older youth and adult divisions, entry -level referees, who are 14 years of
age or older, take a more comprehensive course.
Game Leaders and referees are paid an honorarium, starting at $20 per assignment, and more
for the games in the older divisions. Anyone interested in the above positions should contact
Matt Watorek at 705-962-0305.
Without your help we are at risk of loosing organized soccer in Kirkland Lake.
You may also read our article in the Northern News, see link below.